Saturday, November 13, 2010

my birthday, part II



For my costume party, I dressed up as Scully from The X-Files. My mom was "Kate's Mummy" and wrapped herself up in toilet paper to look like a mummy, lol! My dad was "asleep" and came with a blanket wrapped around himself, and a pillow attached to the back of his head! My brother was a crippled railfanning Santa (don't ask) and my grandmom was a zombie. Here's how I decorated:


We had SOOO much food! I made two kinds of potato salad (German and normal with mayo), two bean salad, celery sticks with dip & peanut butter and fruit salad that I served inside carved-out grapefruits made to look like Jack-O-Lanterns!


And for lunch I made a recipe that I saw in Parade the week before Halloween, for hot dogs wrapped up in crescent dough to look like mummies! Most of my family had turkey dogs, and me and my dad had Smart Dogs. I usually can't stand vegetarian hot dogs, but these actually came out surprisingly good! Since they were cooked in the oven they weren't as mushy as they usually are.


The day started off kind of bad, with my dad having to do some spur-of-the-moment work to pay a last minute bill, and my grandmom & mom getting VERY hungry and anxious waiting for him to finish so we could eat. But once we started eating & playing games, all was well :)