Thursday, March 6, 2014

It's the most wonderful time of the year



As you might know, Pi Day is one of my favorite holidays (March 14 = 3.14 = pi!) and this year is the best Pi Day EVER because Mental Floss actually commissioned me (me?!) to do two paintings to be sold exclusively in their store. Ahh! The first one is called "Life of Pi," which shows little Mr. Pi in various stages of life -- infancy, teenager, graduation, love & marriage, kids, and old age. But as we all know, Pi never dies.. it just goes on forever ;) This design is available in the Mental Floss store on t-shirts and as an 18" x 24" poster!



Mental Floss also commissioned this painting, Pizza Pi!! This one is my favorite :) Also look what they wrote for the description.. I'm blushing!

"When the moon hits the sky like a big pizza pi and you happen to know an incredibly talented artist who specializes in punny prints - well, that's amore! Kate Gabrielle, whom we met when we began selling her wonderful Puns Intended prints agreed to paint this pizza pi in the sky design exclusively for Floss."

This painting is available on tote bags in the Mental Floss shop here. Working with Mental Floss has been one of the best things to happen in my whole life. I've been reading the magazine for years and I'm SUCH a huge fan. It's all just super exciting.



And finally, my Cutie Pi brooches are back just in time for Pi Day! I only have a limited amount ready to ship in time for Pi Day so if you're interested, snatch it up quickly ;) I'll have more in stock after the holiday if you're just interested in wearing it for normal everyday math/pun appreciation.

It's available in my sweet & lovely shop here. (psst! 10% off with code BRILLIANT)