Friday, January 29, 2016

challenge accepted



Like I said a couple posts back, I've been feeling rusty when it comes to putting outfits together. I've been a little under the weather for the last few weeks, so I've just been wearing pajamas or sweatpants pretty much all the time and then when I really do have to get dressed and leave the house I feel like I have no idea how to actually DO THAT? Ok, I'm slightly exaggerating, I definitely know how to throw something on really quick and get myself clothed. But putting together something cute is taking a little more brain-work than usual.

One of my favorite youtubers recently did a video where she randomly chose three products to use for a makeup look, since she was feeling uninspired and needed a challenge. I loved this idea so I decided to do it myself with clothes! In my case I closed my eyes & randomly selected a belt and a dress and then built the rest of the outfit around it. I don't know if I'm 100% happy with the final product (even though it's technically light blue and maroon I still always feel kind of silly wearing shades of red and blue if it isn't the 4th of July, haha) but it was nice to give myself a challenge and force myself to come up with something. If you're also experiencing a style rut I highly recommend giving it a try! :)


dress - asos | shirt - asos | belt - dorothy perkins
shoes - bait | purple rug - amazon