Friday, January 13, 2017

starry night



Ok, so the painting on my skirt is actually "Wheat Field with Cypresses" but I think Starry Night makes a much better blog post title. Either way, it's still Van Gogh!

I've had this skirt for so long that I don't actually remember where it's from, but I don't think I've ever worn it! I bought it years ago with the intention of wearing it on my next trip to an art museum and ... I guess that means it has officially been years since I stepped in an art museum (I didn't even visit The Louvre when I was in Paris! WHAT?!) You guys, I was an art history major in college! This is unacceptable! Stumbling upon this skirt in my closet reminded me of this egregious error and now I'm planning on making 2017 the year of the museum. I'll probably start with Princeton since it's closest (and free!) but I have my sights set on the Met. I went once, years ago, but I only visited the Egyptian wing.

Unrelated (although related to the outfit) but remember my New Year's resolutions? I finished the book I wanted to read (loved the first half, not in love with the second half, but I'd definitely recommend it anyway!) and I have stuck to my commitment to only buy vintage and/or bell sleeve clothing. I know its only 13 days in, but it's something! This shirt was one of the bell sleeved additions to my closet. This particular type (fitted past the elbow and then a full-circle bell at the end) is my absolute favorite so I had to snatch it up!




shirt - forever 21 | brooches - vintage | skirt - idk | shoes - bait footwear